Leisure Regulation

Which authority regulates leisure activities? Is it HSE or the local authority?

Under the Health and Safety (Enforcing Authority) Regulations 1998, the local authority is generally the enforcing authority for leisure activities. However, where the local authority owns, occupies or controls activities or equipment – such as local authority swimming pools or leisure centres – the enforcing authority is HSE. Leisure facilities in educational establishments and at Ministry of Defence premises are also regulated by HSE.

Join our club

Contact us today if you are interested in finding out more about our club either as a student, player, official, coach or volunteer.

Get in touch

Sponsors & Partners